Aespa to speak and perform at UN High Level Forum on Sustainable Development in New York – Manila Bulletin
K-pop girl group Aespa will participate in the United Nations High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development.
The forum will be held in the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York.
Aespa will honor the opening of the forum on July 5, which is themed “Building back better after coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.”
During the forum, Aespa will speak under the title “Next Generation to the Next Level” and show a performance of their song “Next Level”.
“With 2022, we have entered the third year of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has inflicted unprecedented human suffering. With its combined social, economic and health impact, the pandemic has surpassed any other major crisis in recent history. The 2022 HLPF will take stock of the impact of COVID-19 and other ongoing crises on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs),” according to a copy. of the HLPF program.
He added: “The forum will provide political leadership, guidance and recommendations on how to advance the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda during the Decade of Action and Implementation, within the framework of a sustainable, inclusive and resilient recovery from the pandemic, leaving no one behind.”
Here is the program for the opening of the HLPF on Sustainable Development from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. on July 5:
Chair: Collen Vixen Kelapile, President of the Economic and Social Council
– Collen Vixen Kelapile, President of the Economic and Social Council
Speeches and remarks:
– Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations (Key messages from the Voluntary National Reviews)
– Nicholas Stern, Professor of Economics and Government and Chair of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at the London School of Economics, UK
– Suriya Chindawongse, Vice President of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC Coordination Segment Messages)
– Qu Dongyu, Director General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
– Mari Pangestu, Managing Director for Development Policy and Partnerships, World Bank Group
– Kailash Satyarthi, SDG Advocate, 2014 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, India
– Valentina Munoz Rabanal, SDG advocate, young feminist activist and digital rights advocate, Chile
Messages and performances:
– K-pop girl group Aespa
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DAILY NEWSLETTER
CLICK HERE TO JOIN