ELFA unveils the program of the Legal Forum 2022
The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association has unveiled the agenda for its 2022 Legal Forum, to be held May 1-3 in Washington, DC. The forum will provide lawyers serving the equipment finance industry with updates on legal issues, practical guidance for their day-to-day practices. and discussions on the main market segments.
“The Legal Forum is the go-to for current legal updates affecting our industry, as well as the gateway for introduction to the best and most forward-thinking ways to use the law to create fundraising success stories. equipment,” said Jeanette Dannenfelser, chair of the ELFA legal committee, which plans and hosts the forum. “It’s great because this year we’re all back in person, allowing us to develop meaningful connections between fellow lawyers and clients and to really understand on a visceral level the needs and heartbeats of the industry. I look forward to greeting everyone on the forum!
Legal Forum breakout sessions and roundtables will cover a range of topics, including:
- Avoid Electronic Problems: How to Go Digital, E-Sign, and Get Around Common Industry Mistakes
- Current Syndication Trends and Issues
- Emerging technology
- ESG with a focus on e-finance opportunities: solar energy, wind farms and electric vehicles
- Federal Regulations and State Disclosure
- Soft Skills to Emerging Talent
- Trends in cross-border transactions
- Advanced UCC
- UCC: Are you smarter than a law student?
- Valuation, Experts, Post-Fulton, and Sanctions: Practical Bankruptcy Advice From Both Sides of the Bench
- Who wants to become a leasing lawyer?
- Round table air, rail, sea
- Round table on crisis management
- Public finances: municipal and tribal round table
- Round table on the partnership between internal councils and external councils
- Motor Vehicle Roundtable
- Legal ‘ted talks’ on hot topics including LIBOR transition, head lease issues, supply chain issues and the growth of ’embedded terms’ in equipment finance
General sessions will cover:
- Diversity, equality and inclusion: a legal perspective
- Ethical Issues for Equipment Finance Lawyers
- Legal update on recent case law and legislative developments
- State of the Association and State of the Industry
- UCC: New! Improved!
The form will also host its first annual quiz competition, “Everything is legal! Entrants will compete for prizes in this legal-inspired trivia game. In addition, various networking opportunities will take place including a Networking Reception, an Emerging Talent and Newcomer Reception, and a Women for Hire Reception.
The ELFA 2022 Legal Forum planning committee includes:
- Jeanette Dannenfelser, Vice President and General Counsel, Summit Funding Group (chairman of the committee)
- Scott Adams, Director of Legal and Compliance, Global Senior Counsel, Volvo Financial Services
- Vincent Borst, Shareholder, Robbins DiMonte
- Eileen Brown, Partner, Thompson Coburn
- Alexandra Dressman, Lawyer and Senior/Associate Vice President, Huntington Equipment Finance
- Kristin Esche, Associate General Counsel, John Deere Financial
- Arlene Gelman, Shareholder, Vedder Price.
- Barbara Goodstein, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Marc Hamroff, Partner, Moritt Hock & Hamroff
- Alexis Levine, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon
- Dominic Liberatore, Deputy General Counsel, DLL (subcommittee chair)
- David Miele, Managing Director, Citizens Asset Finance, a division of Citizens Bank
- Lisa Moore, General Counsel, PNC Equipment Finance (Past President)
- Molly Simon, Senior Legal Counsel, US Bank
- Richard Tannenbaum, Partner, Reed Smith